Tuesday, October 13, 2009

30+

Day 2 was a smashing success (I'm really considering it Day 3, as I spent so much time on Sunday night). All guitar, drums, and bass for my album are finished. I really make an effort the first few days to get all of the songs mapped out, so I can have as much time as possible for keyboards and vocals, which make up 90% of my sound (at least in terms of track count). So no more writing for me, but a heck of a lot more recording ahead.

It's gonna be 8 tracks, almost exactly 30 minutes, not including a special bonus track I'm working on. I still have no clue what these songs are about. I actually feel like I'm behind schedule, since I have to write lyrics for 8 whole songs...my last 3 albums have been 5 songs or less (long songs, but still). Fortunately my recent move to LA has left me with plenty to complain about.

The first few days are always pretty scary for me. Every time I make a record, I'm convinced it'll be the worst record ever made...I generally hate every song up until the very last part is added, at which point I think "Hey, this is just how I imagined it." I think this little lesson in self-trust is worth the trouble by itself. I think these songs will turn out just fine.

So anyways, my record begins with a fugal exposition and ends with a special surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment