Monday, October 5, 2009

Gettin' Started

Once again, I'm sort of cheating by starting this week on my artwork. My first artwork idea was to decorate a cake and take a pic for the cover. Another cool idea I had was to draw/paint a picture and then take a pic of it. Of course, I switched my topic and now all those ideas don't work.

If you would like me to design artwork to go along with your album, send me an email at "vrmeldrum at gmail dot com". I basically need the name of the album, your artist name, and a rough idea of what style or imagery you want.

Fun fact: Most album artwork is close to square (about 4.75 in wide x 4.65 in high -or- 345 px x 335 px). If you were getting CDs professionally made, you'd want everything to be 300 dpi, but for this online project, 72 dpi is fine.

3 comments:

  1. We've worked out our band name "Flax Capacitor". We were hoping to make a model of what a Flax Capacitor would look like and take a photo of that. It could get quite tricky, and if we get it right, it might send us back in time to the high school prom, though obviously, a giant high school prom made out of ... flax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *looks up flax*

    *still doesn't get it*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's not to get? You take the Flux Capacitor out of Marty McFlys Delorean and you re-construct it entirely out of Flax (a weedy plant). Hey presto, a mash-up of steam-punk style technology and folk whimsy which will hopefully inspire a similarly messed up and mixed up record (that's the theory anyhow).

    ReplyDelete