Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dan Waldkirch-- My Business


Pinwheel
Really pretty guitar and nice vocals :)

East Wind
haha, I wasn't paying attention to my itunes and I thought that you had done a sudden mood change in the middle of the song, as you are wont to do. I would have liked it either way.
I like the heavy guitar... I was wishing the vocals weren't as pretty, but it works. This is a very Dan song. haha. Really really dig the guitar solo riffs.

Overqualified
I have a feeling this will be pretty silly. Oh it sounds so sad! How dramatic. haha. Its funny yet I still feel so bad for you!  Nice job... hope you get one! harharhar. The guitar is really lovely on this.

Nerdy Girls
Oh yay maracas! Groovin to this one! :) I love the feel of this one. Its fun and upbeat. The electric guitar is a great addition. I feel like all the instrumentation is just right on this song. Really dig the chorus with the "ooh"s. Oo guitar solo. Oh god. I shake my head, but smile, at the last quote. haha. I can't believe such  a nerd could rip up a guitar so well. Bravo.

Spider Bite
Lovely tune... I like the piano/chimes instrumental between sections.
The "no no no" vocals sound like a Christmas chorus or something. I think its just because of the chimes. haha. The piano and violin? are really pretty.


Diamond Shreddies
I really wish you'd get a real drum set already. Haha. The organ is cool, though. Fucking cool guitar and vocals. I would expect some of your scary screaming vocals on this one.
Quite a change-- the piano is beautiful. I love this slower instrumental part. I am entranced. Reminds me of some of the softer Smashing Pumpkins.
I like this change... I mean, I don't really like when a song sounds like it has three songs in it... haha, but the third part of this song is really pretty, at the onset. I really like the lyrics on this last part. I don't like the long humming noise at the end.

Here at my Party
Sappy and sad in lyrics and instrumentation. You're very good at integrating those elements.

Overall:
I like the variety on this album. I have a hard time critiquing you because you're such a great musician on so many levels: you play your instruments well, your vocals are quite good, your lyrics are interesting, or funny, you are freaking awesome at mixing (haha). I am impressed that you didn't layer a billion vocal tracks like you have in the past, good job on that. You aren't a perfect singer, but you're not bad! Keep at it-- you have a unique sound. You are sooo creative, and that's my favorite part about your music! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment