Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ed Mellen - The Killer Meteor Iller Greedier

Incredibly unique sound with excellent composition! I consider myself more of a rock-head, listening to bands of the 60s and 70s. However, I REALLY enjoyed your entire album, and although I consider the themes whimsical, I had a lot of fun listening to it. Favorite track is definitely "Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero". Very well done, a creative treat. I would love to hear more of your skills though, and less TV. But, I will say that it did give it a nice ridiculous touch to the album.


Waldkirchz0r - My Business

Never a let down in production. I still don't know how he can be so disciplined when recording all the parts he includes in his albums-- making his albums crystal clear, and incredibly clean. Although he considers My Business to be a let down, which he reserves the right to, it is one of my favorite Wally albums. It has very upfront and simple riffs, themes, and instrumentation. I know how much "stuff" he always packs into each of his recordings, and I'm sure there is plenty of "stuff" in the background of these tracks, the but the ability to not consciously pick them out this time adds a straightforward feel that I very much enjoy. Favorite track is "Spider Bite," mainly because the way in which the phrase 'an itchy little spider bite' is sung. Fucking great. I think this album had more emotion and less mechanical feel in it for some reason too, which I personally haven't strongly received in several past albums...even with the use of your drums and pads in a box on this album (Dan... this is a positive comment, I swear). Anyways, nicely done.


More Reviews to come...having trouble finding the time to give some worthwhile thought into everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment