Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reviews

Beru -- Fire Eyes Alive
This album is really impressive. It's the first album I listened to from Record Time V and I actually had it going on my ipod while i was doing dishes last night. I wish I was a better reviewer and could do it more justice! I love the use of acoustic instruments like flute and clarinet and the "no fear" attitude you bring with the harmonies and structures. The voice is really lovely and fits the music perfectly. I just love that you could put together such a creative piece of work in such a short time. I'm with Dan, I think this might be my favorite record of the bunch. I would be interested to see you explore outside the world of ambient stuff. I'm so excited to hear from you next time! Thanks for the tunes!

Dan Waldkirch -- My Business
First of all, I really like East Wind. Throwbacks are sweet. Second, Pinwheel opens up the album nicely and I love its lyrics! Not to be sentimental or nostalgic but its always nice to hear from Dan Waldkirch, especially now that you're all the way out in L.A. Your piano skills are taking off and its easy to tell that you've been doing some film scoring lately haha, especially in the chords of Here at My Party. It seems like the new tuning (drop D, right?) really pushed you and I like what came out. It's got a different but nice tone to it. Your music seems overall a little more hopeful and such and that's cool too. I'm looking forward to the further evolution of Dan Waldkirch. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment