Monday, October 12, 2009

Enharmonic

Hi!
I am new and I'm very excited to be a part of this. I've recently reconnected with my long lost cousin Ryder and we have a pretty intense connection, so we decided to use this opportunity to write and record an album together. This will be our first collaboration of any kind. We were going to start recording tonight but there was a mix-up and another band is rehearsing at the lockout where all my recording equipment lives, so I have to settle for blogging, although he and I have each written one song so far. After my music theory class this morning, I started thinking about God for whatever reason and sort of thought to myself how both the idea of God and the idea of No God, when executed well, have the same spiritual end...they are merely slightly different approaches to the same destination (the present moment), and this brought the word "enharmonic" into my head, which in music theory lingo means the same note or notes functioning in a different manner harmonically...which is to say B and Cb are enharmonic, as are I think a bVI6/5 chord and a German augmented 6 chord...the exact same chord but they resolve differently? Don't quote me on that. Anyway, you get the idea. I just wrote a song about how God vs. No God is like that. Well, it was trying to be about that, but then it just ended up being about how God doesn't have a cock and balls.

6 comments:

  1. Dang man, I haven't gotten past writing songs about girls I like. But good to see someone else who knows his theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is 99% of what I write. This was a rare exception I assure you.

    ReplyDelete