Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time I added to this blog

Hi all, thought it was time to contribute here. I was tempted to do a vlog but I could do with putting on some eyeliner or something before I'm prepared to speak to camera so we'll have to settle with a picture of Barney in our 'studio', also known as the 'corner of our living room' and 'office'. I'm having a pretty easy ride on this record time v bandwagon as frankly Barney's doing 99% the work. I just get to listen to what he does and go 'yep' or 'meh' and then think about some lame lyrics to write. We've got several bits of songs going on, I've written and recorded lyrics to one, which after spending a free morning re-recording, discovered that the more impromptu recording I'd done the night before was much better, so I think a policy of laying it down and moving on might be the way to go. Having said that I'm really enjoying the endless plugins that Barney's sorted for Logic, it's much to easy spending a lot of time with these so I see what Dan means about having templates sorted in advance. Next time.

We've been talking about recording an album for months and have done literally nothing towards it until DW's 1 week challenge came up, so for that I'm really grateful and am now feeling pretty confident that we'll have something approximating an album's worth by the end of the week. Or at least a couple of vaguely decent tracks. Whatever happens it's all good.

We've got some the Cambridge chapter of the Intercontinental Music Lab coming round for a drink and chit chat on Friday so we have to think of a good way of getting them all involved in this, maybe something with a big chorus they can all join in on.

No comments:

Post a Comment