Wednesday, October 7, 2009

holy eff.. so much excitement...

So, I think I may try to work on two projects (if my head doesn't explode). I may end up just focusing on one of them... Of course, I usually just do a solo album which I dub the Bitchin' Series, all of which is done by myself with whatever I can find laying around my apartment. But this time, I think I may try to collaborate with my friend Spencer who is in Chicago...and try do so something a little more conceptual. If I can also work on some Bitchin' stuff, I will do so...maybe pump out a couple short tunes, just for my own satisfaction...

What is cool is that I may actually have space to record some real lo-fi drums. As a drummer, I have never recorded drums on any RT composition...mainly just guitar and some kind of vocals. I primarily use my macbook for recording, which sounds pretty lame...but I don't care. I still like the way all the sounds in my recordings compliment each other. I like to think that it is an artform to use some of the lo-fi equipment, and as long as I'm remotely satisfied with the end result, who else cares that much?

I dunno, I do hope that I have enough time to make another Bitchin' record...as I selected a name for it already...and have a possible album art idea. I think that the artwork and the title of my work is just as entertaining to look at as listening to the recorded songs themselves, it's part of that Bitchin' charm.

Equipment list:
MacBook
Newcastle Brown Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment