Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Eric Putnam-- Retro

Opium
Dig the fun electro! Very nice fade in with the guitar. I like the raw vocals that come in half-way through. I can tell this would be a really awesome song with the right lyrics! Great integration of electronic with real instruments. Mm, love the harmonies towards the end.

Guiding Light
The guitar riff uses one of my favorite chord progressions that I tend to play around with on piano... its really lovely :) It does have a retro sound to it. I like the sort of old-time radio effect (I think that's what I hear).  Makes me wish I would have gone through with the covers I was going to do! This is really nice. I like the simplicity. I think some female vocals would be really pretty on this.

Frank Olson
haha interesting intro. very very cool guitar. Drums/percussion could be heavier. I really like the vocals/melody.

Overall
You have some really solid skills here, Eric. I think if you spent more time developing the songs and adding some complexity, it would be even better than it already is! I look forward to hearing more from you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment