Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Beru-- Fire Eyes Alive

Fire Eyes
I wish I had better headphones to listen to this! It sounds really beautiful... but I have a feeling it'd be better if I didn't have ipod headphones to listen on. The left channel humming is a bit loud for my ear, the vocals and background "oh"ing seem just right. Really lovely vocals, too. Strange ending on the random guitar! I was expecting it to lead into the next song (I did play them in order, even though it wasn't set up properly in itunes)

In motion Alive
Dig the nature sounds. The vocals are so fucking cool. Is the background someone singing, as well? This is really super cool... comparable to Animal Collective (to me, this is a very good thing). Love the combo of electro with the flute. I only wish I knew what the words were! Cool fade out with just the flute and nature sounds again.
strange ringing at the end... tricked me yet again! ha

Because You Will Be Near
Wow. Very nice (mostly) a capella. The harmonies are chilling. Neat effect with the horn on the chorus. Song drags on too much for me, though. Whoa, crazy organ out of nowhere. haha. Interesting song.

Waking Up
I like the dreamy sound of the background humming and harp... really reflects the title well. Very nice, soft slow melody and vocals. The whistling is cute.

Shifting Through Trees
Cool electric guitar! You have a lot of strange background vocals... its interesting.

My Viking Warrior
Again really solid, interesting vocals. A little too much is going on for me about halfway towards the end... nothing really jumps out at me on this one.

Hope
Very cool sound and beat... unexpected! Got me moving a little bit on this one :) Really crazy stuff half way through. I wonder where I'm being led! Trippy.... oh my, backwardsssss. wow, neato.

Overall
The female vocals are beauuuutiful. I love the airy-ness and softness of them. The music is strange and unique, which I lovelovelove! You combine electro, vocals, sfx, and real (are any of them real?) instruments very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment